Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] xen: Add .astylerc for automated style-formatting

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 3:01 AM Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 18.07.2019 19:22, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
> >>     - Line 139: The { are commonly on the same line as struct or
> >> definition.
> >
> > According to CODING_STYLE that's not how it should be.
>
> Having the brace on the same line there is rather helpful to easily
> tell the definition point of a struct/union/enum from any of its uses.
> Hence no matter whether ./CODING_STYLE doesn't explicitly cover this
> fact, I think we want to stick to the (Linux inherited I think) form.

Fair point, but then again we don't have to add every file to the
automated style checks, for example by adding "/* *INDENT-OFF* */" at
the top of the file. The "--exclude" command line flag can also be
used for that. Or portions of files can also be marked
not-to-be-touched with the INDENT-OFF/INDENT-ON comments.

Tamas