Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Coding style and clang-format

Hi Tamas,

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 6:58 PM Tamas K Lengyel
<tamas.k.lengyel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 4:06 AM Viktor Mitin <viktor.mitin.19@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 8:05 PM Viktor Mitin <viktor.mitin.19@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:

> > > Lars, thank you for the invitation. I will try to join the call.
> > > Seems the topic is not a simple one, there are a lot of things to discuss
> > > it.
> >
> > Please be aware that the repo with xen clang-format has been created
> > under the next link (branch xen-clang-format):
> > https://github.com/xen-troops/llvm-project/tree/xen-clang-format
> >
> > The next script can be used as an example of how to build clang-format:
> > https://github.com/viktor-mitin/xen-clang-format-example/blob/master/build_clang_format.sh
>
> I had a chance to give it a shot right now and running it on the
> hypervisor code results in 1073 out of 1165 files being changed by it.
> Here is the gist of the diff:
>
> https://gist.github.com/tklengyel/bc4a86e0f20b7c50c730c1b9429d4e2c

Thank you for checking the tool. There are many files changed because
it needs to investigate how to implement 'lazy' mode logic in it.
As we discussed with Julien, it should not try to pack everything to
fill a line, etc. Once it is done, many of such 'false-positives'
disappear.
In any case, thank you for your input about it.

Thanks