Re: [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Xen 4.13 Development Update

On Thu, 2019-08-01 at 18:00 +0200, Juergen Gross wrote:

> = Projects =
>
> == Hypervisor ==
>
> [...]
>
> *  Core aware scheduling (RFC v1)
>   -  Dario Faggioli
>
> *  Core aware scheduling for credit2 (RFC v1)
>   -  Dario Faggioli

So, in theory, my patches can be made work on top of yours. And if one
does not work core-scheduling, but just core-aware scheduling, can boot
with sched-gran=cpu ("disabling" core-scheduling from Juergen's
patches) and with credit2-group-sched=core ("enabling" only core-aware
scheduling, from these patches.

For this very reason, I'm not throwing the code away. :-)

*However*, if this happens, I don't think it will be soon, and
definitely not for Xen 4.13.

So, I'd say we should drop these items from this list.

Regards
--
Dario Faggioli, Ph.D
http://about.me/dario.faggioli