Re: [Xen-devel] Xilinx ARM64 Xen testing

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 11:31:58AM -0700, Joseph Komlodi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on ARM64 Xen testing with Xilinx, and I have a few
> quick questions to ask.
>
> How is success vs failure determined with testing using Gitlab CI?
> It looks like everything goes into a log, but is there parsing
> done afterwards to make the output easier to go through?

Do whatever you want in the script: parsing log, testing process exit
status.

Success or failure is determined by the return value of the script.

> If I have a container on Docker Hub with a QEMU binary in it, could
> I use it in the Dockerfile for Xen testing as one of the FROM containers?

Yes.

Please submit a patch against xen.git to put the dockerfile under
automation directory. And then add your configuration to Gitlab CI's YML
files in xen.git.

Once your patches are reviewed or acked, someone with proper permissions
will first push the docker image to our own repository and then push all
your patches to xen.git. Your test cases will be run automatically from
then on.

> What are the best ways to get a binary for Xen?
> Do we download it, or should we build from source?

There are two stages in the pipeline. One is build, the other is test.

The xen binaries are always built in the build stage of the pipeline.
Test cases in test stage will get their binaries from build stage.

Wei.