Re: [Xen-devel] Windows HVM no longer boots with AMD Ryzen 3700X (and 3900X)

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 6:34 PM, Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 -----Original Message-----
 From: Steven Haigh <netwiz@xxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: 02 September 2019 09:32
 To: Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Andrew Cooper <Andrew.Cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx>; Andreas Kinzler <hfp@xxxxxxxxx>; xen-
 devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Windows HVM no longer boots with AMD Ryzen 3700X (and 3900X)

 On 2019-09-02 18:25, Steven Haigh wrote:
 > On 2019-09-02 18:20, Paul Durrant wrote:

 Also, just wondering, we're using 8.2.0 of the Windows PV drivers on
 this VM.

Does this matter? Has there been any changes that would affect this in
 8.2.1 or 8.2.2?

From what you describe, I think this is happening way before any PV driver code is entered. I guess it would be prudent to make sure by trying it on a fresh VM (but didn't you say before that this happens when booting from the installation media?)

The original poster mentioned the problem with the install media. To be honest, I haven't tried that as yet.

My case / tests are from a working Windows Server 2016 install imaged on a different machine (that works and boots fine there).