Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Generating Go bindings for libxl

> FWIW checked with Ian after I wrote this mail, and he confirmed that
> that field (`link` in `libxl_event`) was only meant to be used
> internally, and ideally we wouldn't even have that available in the Go
> version of the struct (since it's not actually part of the public
> interface).
>
> Unfortunately we can't actually get rid of the element it without
> special-casing it (which I don't think is a good idea), or adding a new
> "PRIVATE()" annotation to the IDL or something (which would be nice to
> have, but not something I expect anyone to have much time to do).  For
> now, I think defining it as an empty struct will be good enough.

Okay, good to know. I will do the empty struct definition for now. In the long
run,
the addition to the IDL would probably be nice. My guess is that over time we
will
identify other things we don't want to expose through the Go package for one
reason or another.

-NR