[Xen-devel] How PV frontend and backend initializes?

I was trying to understand the following things regarding the PV driver.

1. Who create frontend and backend instances?
2. When are these instances created?
3. How xenbus directories are created? What is the hierarchy of the
directories?
4. What is the role of "vifname" and who sets it?

Please let me know if you can help with these questions or can direct me to
some resources.

Thanks
Mehrab