Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.12 panic on Thinkpad W540 with UEFI mutiboot2, efi=no-rs workarounds it

On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 01:48:38PM +0200, Jan Beulich wrote:
> On 09.10.2019 13:00, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki  wrote:
> >>
> >> What EFI handles are you talking about? For runtime services
> >> what a consumer needs is a table pointer, which is a field
> >> in the system table, which in turn is an argument passed to
> >> the EFI application's entry point.
> >
> > Yes, I'm talking about those pointers (system table specifically).
> >
> >> I didn't think there are
> >> provisions in the spec for either of these pointers being NULL.
> >
> > But I don't see kexec using EFI application entry point. Am I missing
> > something?
>
> Can we stop thinking about a Linux -> Xen transition on this
> thread please?

I'm talking about Xen->Xen transition here. How system table pointer is
passed from old Xen to new Xen instance? And how the new Xen instance
deals with boot services being not available anymore?

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki