Re: [Xen-devel] rochester and Debian buster

Julien Grall writes ("Re: rochester and Debian buster"):
> I have just remembered that we are not using the on-board network card but
> instead a USB dongle.

Yes.

> But I am not sure which eth interface is linked to and how you found
> out the network is down.

I didn't have clear notes about this so I decided to repro the
problem.  I reran my setup, and it *passed*, installing buster
successfully on rochester1.  This is very odd and I can't explain it.

The two jobs' (143098 vs 143287) runvars are identical apart from the
syslog server port (which is expected to vary) and the
`host_power_install' which is only set after a successful boot into
the installer.  The database records the previous one as `broken' and
the new one as `pass'.  The osstest revision was identical.  My
previous test run, that failed, was a really quite formal
mg-repro-setup run, so I don't think it had any kind of weirdness that
would explain the symptoms.

My recollection is that both `ip link show' and kernel log messages
agreed that there was no NIC with a working network link.  I don't
recall how many were detected but I think I looked at the MAC address
from the osstest configuration and saw it in the list from the
machine.

> I am not entirely sure whether this would help because I have had
> report that Debian Buster has been installed successfully on
> Thunder-X.

Well, now you have a second.

I have not done enough of these install attempts to know if there is
some kind of heisenbug here.  The situation seems concerning.  I guess
for now I will carry on and see if it does it again...

Ian.