Re: [Xen-devel] max_grant_frames/max_maptrack_frames

  • To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Durrant, Paul" <pdurrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 12:33:02 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 12:33:16 +0000
  • Ironport-sdr: QN3z5ojwr09ufW7Wgz7aeiqUNlxyURwLpn4a12q7vaXsKDdMgw7MMVwKwoJXHUopBHm/zKhOVV 8MD2WZG8SsRg==

It could be set there, but that's really not the right solution. A set of
command line parameters that appropriately configured the host on an older Xen
really ought to continue to do the same after installation of the newer Xen,
without any additional config requirements.

> > This does, however, go against the recent direction of the toolstack
> getting exactly what it asked for. So for the longer term I am wondering
> whether there ought to be a way for the toolstack to query the globally
> configured grant table limits. A GNTTABOP seems the wrong candidate for
> this, since GNTTABOPs are per-domain, so I'm wondering about a new sysctl
> to return the value of a named command line parameter.
>
> Such a series was already posted (and even had some review, so it's
> already at v4, but iirc no update has been provided since May):
> https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2019-05/msg02206.html

Ok, I'll take a look. Thanks,

  Paul