Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 6/7] arm: Introduce dummy empty functions for data only C files

Dear Julien,

On 13.11.19 07:51, Julien Grall wrote:
Was this reported to Arm?
All mentioned ARM Compiler issues were reported to ARM. Unfortunately, ARM
hesitated to discus them in community, yet asked to open support cases, e.g.
[1].
All issues and their WA's were acknowledged by ARM in correspondent support
cases. Except C-style shifts issue what is not a bug but the documented feature
[2], and ARM's answer about it was really uncertain.
Only after getting answer for all cases I finalized the patches.

If so, what was there answer?

I already cited the answer for this particular issue while answering Stefano.

[1]
https://community.arm.com/developer/tools-software/tools/f/arm-compilers-forum/44287/arm-compiler-6-compiles-data-only-c-file-with-softvfp-attribute
[2]
https://developer.arm.com/docs/100070/0612/scatter-file-syntax/expression-evaluation-in-scatter-files/expression-rules-in-scatter-files