Re: [Xen-devel] Xen hiding thermal capabilities from Dom0

On 19.11.2019 06:23, Rishi wrote:
> ok, thanks for clearing it up. Would a patch be accepted if this
> option of showing EAX leaf is selectively done through command line
> (default disabled)?

In general I'd expect this to be rather unlikely, but I guess much
would depend on the actual reasoning done in the description.

> On longer run, what is an expected sane model of virtualizing this?
> With some guidance, may be I or someone else can code to bring the
> functionality back.

Which functionality? So far you've talked of only CPUID bits I
think, without explaining at all what functionality you want to
have that depends on these. In general, as said earlier, CPU
management is the hypervisor's responsibility, so I'd rather
not see this virtualized, but the hypervisor be put into a
position of doing whatever is needed.

Jan