Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 2/7] WIP: Compilation with ARM DS-6 compiler

Hi Artem,

On 19/11/2019 15:16, Artem Mygaiev wrote:

Unfortunately this is not the case - we need to specify 2 different
targets: 1st is for GNU tools which are still used when building with
armclang, for debug symbols dumping etc. (there is no replacement in
Arm toolstack for them, and this is not on safety critical path so we
are fine) and 2nd is for armclang itself because it has its own
triplets definition which is not consistent with those used by GNU
tools.

Well, in theory they may be different for clang. It just happens they are both similar at the moment.

There were also some concern to use CROSS_COMPILE as --target (see [1]), so I think we want to introduce a new option that would happen to be equal to CROSS_COMPILE for clang.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall