Re: [Xen-devel] Problem booting Debian buster on arndale

Hi,

On 09/12/2019 11:39, Ian Jackson wrote:
Julien Grall writes ("Re: Problem booting Debian buster on arndale"):
Looking at the command line for Linux, we don't pass clk_ignore_unused.
Without it, the Linux may disable the clock of the UART if it wasn't
shared with another device. This would explain the sudden loss of the
console.

The following line in Osstest/Debian.pm would need to be updated:

       push @xenkopt, "clk_ignore_unused"
              if $ho->{Suite} =~ m/wheezy|jessie|stretch/;

Well spotted.  I will try updating this.  Thanks.

(Is there any possibility that this bug will be fixed at some point?)

We had the same discussion a few months ago for Stretch :).

Someone attempted it to fix it a few years ago but this never reached Linux upstream.

From my perspective, this is a low hanging-fruit as there are more concerning bugs that can't be workaround. But the problem is documented, so someone could easily pick it up if he/she wanted.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall