Re: [Xen-devel] xen 4.13 + kernel 5.4.11 'APIC Error ... FATAL PAGE FAULT' on reboot? non-Xen reboot's ok.

hi

On 1/15/20 9:10 AM, Andrew Cooper wrote:
>> Is this a known/fixable issue?
>
> The APIC errors aren't fatal.  They need looking into and addressing in
> due course.
>
> The real crash is EFI firmware falling over a NULL pointer which is
> wildly known issue.  Fixing it requires following the Linux approach
> which is to not use EFI reboot unless absolutely necessary.
>
> You can work around it with reboot=a on the command line, but actually
> fixing this in Xen is probably never going to happen because I've lost
> interest in trying to arguing that default behaviour like the above is a
> bad thing which we should code around.

currently, here,

cat /proc/cmdline
        root=/dev/mapper/VG0-ROOT softlevel=xen rd.shell mds=full l1tf=flush
rd.debug=0 rd.udev.log_priority=debug rd.auto=1 dolvm
lvmwait=/dev/mapper/VG0-ROOT root=/dev/mapper/VG0-ROOT rootfstype=ext4
rootflags=journal_checksum noresume nomodeset nouveau.modeset=1 video=vesa:off
video=efifb:1024x768 xencons=xvc console=tty0 console=hvc0 pcie_aspm=off
mce=off fsck.mode=skip fsck.repair=preen reboot=acpi clocksource=xen
intel_iommu=on apparmor=0 plymouth.enable=0 scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=1
elevator=mq-deadline cpuidle cpufreq=xen:ondemand net.ifnames=1 biosdevname=0
showopts noquiet log_buf_len=10M print_fatal_signals=1 systemd.log_level=info
systemd.log_target=kmsg earlyprintk=xen,keep audit=0

note the

        reboot=acpi

already there.

something else I'm missing, perhaps?