[Xen-devel] HVM Driver Domain

Hi all,

I was doing some experiments on the Xen network Driver Domain using Ubuntu
18.04.  I was able to see the driver domain works fine when I run it in PV
mode. However, I wasn't able to make the driver domain work when I run it in
HVM mode. I get the following error when I want my DomU to use HVM driver
domain for network backend.

libxl: error: libxl_nic.c:652:libxl__device_nic_set_devids: Domain 25:Unable to
set nic defaults for nic 0

Other than this, I didn't get any log messages from dmesg, xl dmesg commands,
and files from /var/log/xen/ directory regarding this failure. Therefore, I was
wondering if it is even possible to create an HVM Driver Domain. Please let me
know what you think.

Thanks,
Mehrab