Re: [Xen-devel] XEN Qdisk Ceph rbd support broken?

De-htmling...

---
From: Xen-devel <xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jules
Sent: 03 February 2020 17:35
To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: oleksandr_grytsov@xxxxxxxx; wl@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] XEN Qdisk Ceph rbd support broken?

Hey,

I don’t know if it was this or a previous change in qdisk driver, but can it be
that remote Ceph RBD support is broken?
https://github.com/xen-project/xen/commit/8f486344a00652ed202ade43c02c96771812bf8c

Remote network Ceph image works fine with Xen 4.12.x with a config syntax like
this:
disk = [ 'format=raw, vdev=xvda1, access=rw,backendtype=qdisk,
target=rbd:<pool-Name>/<Image-Name>:id=<cephx-Id>‘ ]

In Xen 4.13.0 which I have tested recently it blames with the error message „no
such file or directory“ as it would try accessing the image over filesystem
instead of remote network image.
---

I doubt the issue is in xl/libxl; sounds more likely to be in QEMU. The PV
block backend infrastructure in QEMU was changed between the 4.12 and 4.13
releases. Have you tried using an older QEMU with 4.13?

  Paul