Re: [Xen-devel] Core Scheduling "lock == schedule_lock" assertion failure

On 13.02.20 15:19, Sergey Dyasli wrote:
On 12/02/2020 12:24, Jürgen Groß wrote:
On 12.02.20 12:21, Sergey Dyasli wrote:
Hi Juergen,

Recently our testing has found a host crash which is reproducible.
Do you have any idea what might be going on here?

Oh, nice catch!

The problem is that get_cpu_idle_time() is calling vcpu_runstate_get()
for an idle vcpu. This is fragile as idle vcpus are sometimes assigned
temporarily to normal scheduling units, thus the ASSERT() in the unlock
function is failing when the assignment of the idle vcpu is modified
under the feet of vcpu_runstate_get() and the unit it has been assigned
to before is already scheduled on another cpu.

The patch is rather easy, though. Can you try it, please?

Thank you for the patch! I put it into testing yesterday and it looks
good so far. It also seems that the issue is well understood and the
patch should go into the main tree.

Just wanted to make sure it really fixes your problem. :-)

Juergen