Re: [Xen-devel] CPU Lockup bug with the credit2 scheduler

Juergen -

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 10:51 PM Jürgen Groß <jgross@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Any thoughts, insights or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
> Can you check whether all vcpus of a hanging guest are consuming time
> (via xl vcpu-list) ?
> It would be interesting to see where the vcpus are running around. Can
> you please copy the domU's /boot/System.map-<kernel-version> to dom0
> and then issue:
> /usr/lib/xen/bin/xenctx -C -S -s <domu-system-map> <domid>
> This should give a backtrace for all vcpus of <domid>. To recognize a
> loop you should issue that multiple times.
> Juergen

I've applied the sched=credit boot option to all my production servers
at this point, in preparation for a client cutover this weekend.

Once that's done, I'm happy next week to reboot the old crashing
server to credit2, and test.  I'll save these directions and advise.

Thank you,
Glen