Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] xen domU stall on 4.12.1

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 4:55 PM Glen <glenbarney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 11:12 PM Tomas Mozes <hydrapolic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As reported in https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2020-01/msg00361.html and https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2020-02/msg00042.html, switching back to credit1 scheduler seems to make it working again. I've migrated 6 machines to Xen 4.12 with sched=credit xen option and haven't observed a hang for more than a week now.

My experience is the same.  I have migrated all 16 of my physical
hosts back to OpenSuse 15.1 with Xen 4.12.1 with sched=credit .  All
guests are now running perfectly, without any issues at all.  Over
this past week I performed directed stress-testing against several of
my guests, and they all survived without any problems at all.  I've
now completely my migration to the new guests, and everyone is happy.

I'm now going to bring one of the previously-live guests on its own
host back to credit2 so I can crash it and try to capture debugging
output for xen-devel as requested.  But sched=credit is definitely
what we needed to solve this problem!  Thank you all for helping us
get there!

Glen

Thank you too for your report. Hope we'll find the reason why credit2 misbehaves.

Tomas