Re: UEFI support in ARM DomUs

Hi,

On 04/06/2020 16:26, Oleksandr Andrushchenko wrote:
On 6/4/20 4:57 AM, Peng Fan wrote:
Grall <julien@xxxxxxx>;
Nataliya Korovkina <malus.brandywine@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: UEFI support in ARM DomUs
We have made U-Boot run inside XEN DomU, but just only PV console part,
not implement other frontend drivers currently. Would this help for your
case if enable EFI in U-Boot?

Well, we have a working PV block implementation on top of that on iMX8

That's a nice work and will be a good addition. However...

platform, mostly ported from mini-os. Currently we are finalizing the work

... AFAICT mini-os is licensed using BSD-2 while U-boot is using GPLv2. So I would be careful with the licensing here.

It might be better to consider to port Linux PV driver instead or rewrite them completely.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall