Kexec and libxenctlr.so

Hi all,

kexec-tools has an option to load dynamically libxenctlr.so (not .so.4.x) (see [1]).

Given that the library has never been considered stable, it is probably a disaster that is waiting to happen.

Looking at the tree kexec is using the follow libxc functions:
   - xc_kexec_get_range()
   - xc_kexec_load()
   - xc_kexec_unload()
   - xc_kexec_status()
   - xc_kexec_exec()
   - xc_version()
   - xc_interface_open()
   - xc_interface_close()
   - xc_get_max_cpus()
   - xc_get_machine_memory_map()

I think it is uncontroversial that we want a new stable library for all the xc_kexec_* functions (maybe libxenexec)?

However I am not entirely sure where to put the others.

I am thinking to introduce libxensysctl for xc_get_max_cpus() as it is a XEN_SYSCTL. We could possibly include xc_get_machine_memory_map() (despite it is a XENMEM_).

For xc_version(), I am thinking to extend libxentoolcore to also include "stable xen API".

Any opinion on the approach?

Cheers,

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/kernel/kexec/kexec-tools.git/commit/?id=894bea9335f57b62cbded7b02ab7d58308b647d8