Re: Advice for implementing MSI-X support on NetBSD Xen 4.11?

Le lun. 20 juil. 2020 à 09:00, Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> You need to set entry_nr and table_base.

Yes, I do that. I use the table_base set to what would be written to
the register for "native".

> Are you enabling the capability and unmasking the interrupt in the
> MSI-X table?

Yes, I'm doing that.

> There are also the Xen debug keys which can be helpful, take a look at
> 'i' and 'M'.

OK, I'll check that.

Le lun. 20 juil. 2020 à 10:47, Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> Is this effort for PV or PVH? If the former, I don't think Dom0 is
> supposed to write directly to any of these structures. This is all
> intended to be hypercall based, despite us intercepting and trying
> to emulate direct accesses.
>
> Jaromír - are you making use of PHYSDEVOP_prepare_msix?

It's PV for now. I already skip the step to actually write the table
vectors when setting this up, same as I do for MSI. I still write the
registers to enable MSI-X.

I was not aware of PHYSDEVOP_prepare_msix, I did not notice it when
looking on what Linux kernel does - I'll check it.

Thanks.

Jaromir