Golang design session follow-up

Hello,

Here are the notes from the golang bindings design session at Xen Summit
earlier this month:

  Possible improvements:
    - Expanding the IDL to have information about device add / remove functions

    Ian: It's important that the IDL generates the C prototypes as well.

    We could generate some man pages as well.

    "AO" functions need to be a separate thing, not just listed as arguments.

    How to distinguish between "easy to wrap" things vs "this is internal
infrastructure"

    Idea: "Classes" in IDL: "Device add/remove function", &c

    Rust: Probably want two versions of the bindings; sync and async. Same
thing for python.

  # Notification of events

    We don't want a golang wrapper for the sigchld callback

    Helper function to "do the domain shutdown thing"

  # Long-term home of the package

    Ian: Autogenerated stuff is becoming more annoying.

    Delete all the libxl auto-generated stuff from staging & master, and have
"output branch".

    The reason we have these in-tree is that otherwise you can't build *from
git* if you don't
    have new enough versions of the right tools.

Our main focus for "improvements" was on expanding the libxl IDL to support
function prototypes so that wrappers could be easily generated. I
volunteered to work on this front, and have started some patches that I
will send in an RFC state soon (likely after 4.14 is released).

On "notification of events", I think we were just discussing what needs
to be done for the xenlight package to support domain
destruction/reaping. This is also something I will work on.

Finally, we came to the decision that the golang bindings should be
pushed to their own repo and tagged independently of xen.git. I think
tasks still need to be divvied up for this one.

If I missed anything important or made any mistakes, please let me know.

Thanks,
NR