Re: dom0 LInux 5.8-rc5 kernel failing to initialize cooling maps for Allwinner H6 SoC

On 24/07/2020 12:17, Amit Tomer wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

I remember this discussion. The problem was that the PMU is using
per-CPU interrupts. Xen is not yet able to handle PPIs as they often
requires more context to be saved/restored (in this case the PMU context).

There was a proposal to look if a device is using PPIs and just remove
them from the Device-Tree. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any official
submission for this patch.

But we have this patch that remove devices using PPIs
http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commit;h=9b1a31922ac066ef0dffe36ebd6a6ba016567d69

Urgh, I forgot we merged it. I should have double-checked the tree. Apologies for that.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall