Re: [Linux] [ARM] Granting memory obtained from the DMA API

Hi Julien,

On 20.08.20 13:17, Julien Grall wrote:
> There is a lot of interest to get Virtio working on Xen at the moment.
> Is this going to be a new transport layer for Virtio?

It is designed that way, yes. The current implementation (based on
virtio_mmio.c) has a few limitations:
 - Only the host side is implemented for Linux (We are currently only
using bare metal domains for the device side - so the device
implementation is based on OpenAMP[1])

- It lacks some features, e.g. there is currently no device
configuration space

- It is tested only very narrowly (only for my use case which is RPMsg
via the rpmsg_char kernel driver)

As this was really just a byproduct of my main research topic, I'm
currently not in touch with the virtio standards committee. But I'm
happy to contribute my work if there is interest :-)

> Xen-devel is probably most suitable for this discussion, so I moved the
> discussion there. I have also CCed a couple of Linux maintainers that
> should be able to provide feedbacks on the approaches.

Thanks!

Greetings,
Simon

[1]: https://www.openampproject.org