qemu-xen and bridge (xen 4.11)

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 20:11:43 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 18:11:54 +0000

Hello,
with the recent XSA about qemu, I'm trying to switch the NetBSD port from
qemu-xen-traditional to qemu-xen (in Xen 4.11 for now, I'll look at
4.13 later).
One showstopper is that with qemu-xen, the bridge name is not passed
any more to the qemu-ifup script. I tried adding a br= option to
the qemu invocation, but qemu-system-i386 doesn't seem to use it
(at last the script is still called with only one argument).
I'm not about to pass to qemu the value of nics[i].script instead of
libxl_tapif_script(), so that at last per-domain script can be
specified.

How is this issue dealt with on other OSes ? I can't believe I'm
the only one with multiple bridges in the dom0 ...

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>