Re: Kernel panic on 'floppy' module load, Xen HVM, since 4.19.143

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 03:27:43PM +0300, Denis Efremov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 9/28/20 12:36 PM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:

> >> Could you please try bare metal?
> >
> > I don't have any hw with floppy controller at hand...
> > Booting on what I have, it works, loading floppy just says -ENODEV.
>
> I saw that the issue was bisected [1] to commit
> c330fb1ddc0a ("XEN uses irqdesc::irq_data_common::handler_data to store a
> per interrupt XEN data pointer which contains XEN specific information.")
>
> I have hardware, but I've never worked with Xen. It will take me some time
> to set it up and reproduce the problem. I think I will do it in a week.

Can you try to boot 4.19.143 (or any other including that commit)
directly on the hardware and make sure floppy module is loaded? We do
know it's broken in Xen HVM, it would be interested to see if it works
without Xen. Even better if you could use the same kernel config:
https://gist.github.com/marmarek/1e6a359c9a99af3ed8fc16af0f36d8a6

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki