Re: flawed Makefile dependencies in libacpi

On 27.10.2020 11:18, Jan Beulich wrote:
> On 27.10.2020 10:45, Olaf Hering wrote:
>> Every once in a while build.c fails to compile because ssdt_s3.h does not
>> exist. The 'sed' command which creates the file appears a few lines down in
>> the build log.
>>
>> I'm not familiar with make. I wonder if "build.o" should depend on
>> "$(H_SRC)" instead of the expanded list of generated headers.
>
> Oh, yes, it definitely should. Will you make a patch?

Actually it only should be if this line was useful for anything.
But it's dead. Instead the consumers of libacpi/ may need
respective dependencies to be added. In this context it then is
relevant in which context you see the failure - firmware/hvmloader/
or libs/light/ ?

Jan