Re: Recent upgrade of 4.13 -> 4.14 issue

On Tue, 2020-11-03 at 14:23 +0100, Frédéric Pierret wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> Some new info :). Marek has sent me a patch (
> https://gist.github.com/marmarek/810ae5c079d218928535514b08a07716) to
> help in debugging this issue.

Ok, thanks for the update (and thanks Mark for putthing together the
patch).

> With default credit2 as scheduler, here are some log from two
> successive crashes:
> - https://gist.github.com/fepitre/76a1e154249c7326c743d6a6d004a67b
> - https://gist.github.com/fepitre/ab00091980cb8110fb3d349aecc3a644

Right, this is what you see when you poke at the debug keys, after a
freeze. It would be interesting to see if there is any trace of the
debug output added in the patch _before_ the crash... But I appreciate
that it's not really easy to achieve this.

> Also, I've been testing "dom0=pvh" option and the system remains
> stable since more than 24h. At least, I've not experimented any
> freeze since I'm using this option.

PVH and what scheduler?

I think it's quite clear that this is not a Credit2 bug, as it shows on
Credit1 as well, but AFAIUI, with Credit2 it shows up more often?

Now we also have a (weak?) dependency on the type of dom0?

What's the configuration that is currently working?
Credit2 +PVH ?
Credit1 + PVH ?
Whatever + PVH ?

Regards