Re: XSA-351 causing Solaris-11 systems to panic during boot.

The Solaris version reported in the copyright banner on the ISO is SunOS Release 5.11 Version 11.4.0.15.0 64-bit

My existing guest solaris systems are also at the same release/version level

At the time of the panic, the panic log reports that the rcx register contains '0606' (this was from my notes yesterday).  If additional information is needed, I will need a bit more time to set up my system again.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 1:12 AM Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 16.11.2020 22:57, Cheyenne Wills wrote:
> Running Xen with XSA-351 is causing Solaris 11 systems to panic during
> boot.  The panic screen is showing the failure to be coming from
> "unix:rdmsr".  The panic occurs with existing guests (booting off a disk)
> and the  booting from an install ISO image.
>
> I discussed the problem with "andyhhp__" in the "#xen" IRC channel and he
> requested that I report it here.

Thanks. What we need though is information on the specific MSR(s) that
will need to have workarounds added: We surely would want to avoid
blindly doing this for all that the XSA change disallowed access to.
Reproducing the panic screen here might already help; proper full logs
would be even better.

Jan