Re: Xen-ARM DomUs

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 06:35:14PM -0800, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 6:16 PM Elliott Mitchell <ehem+xen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Finally getting to the truly productive stages of my project with Xen on
> > ARM.
> >
> > How many of the OSes which function as x86 DomUs for Xen, function as
> > ARM DomUs?  Getting Linux operational was straightforward, but what of
> > others?
>
> On EVE we have Windows running as a pretty much a customer-facing demo:
>
> https://wiki.lfedge.org/display/EVE/How+get+Windows+10+running+on+a+Raspberry+Pi

Sorry to spoil the achievement, but Tianocore beat you to having
Windows on a RP4 by 4 months:
https://rpi4-uefi.dev/alternate-guide-running-windows-10-on-the-pi-4/

> > The available examples seem geared towards Linux DomUs.  I'm looking at a
> > FreeBSD installation image and it appears to expect an EFI firmware.
> > Beyond having a bunch of files appearing oriented towards booting on EFI
> > I can't say much about (booting) FreeBSD/ARM DomUs.
>
> Personally I'm about to make Plan9 (well 9front really) run as well ;-)

Some people may like those types of instructions, but I really hate them.
I like Tianocore's better, since I can do my type of adjustment better.
(using different amount of storage or other virtual devices)

I've already got FreeBSD installation media, issue is setting up a xl.cfg
file and/or figuring out which bits I need to extract off their media
(ah, actual kernel is /boot/kernel/kernel; an ELF file using the
interpreter /red/herring).

 \BS (    |         ehem+sigmsg@xxxxxxx  PGP 87145445         |    )   /
8A19\___\_|_/58D2 7E3D DDF4 7BA6 <-PGP-> 41D1 B375 37D0 8714\_|_/___/5445