Re: [ANNOUNCE] Xen 4.15 - call for notification/status of significant bugs

On Thu, 2021-02-04 at 10:00 -0500, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 9:21 AM Dario Faggioli <dfaggioli@xxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 2021-02-04 at 12:12 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > > B. "scheduler broken" bugs.
> >
> > - Null scheduler and vwfi native problem
> >
> > https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2021-01/msg01634.html
> >
> >   RCU issues, but manifests due to scheduler behavior (especially
> >   NULL scheduler, especially on ARM).
> >   I'm actively working on it.
> >
> >   Patches that should solve the issue for ARM posted already. They
> >   will need to be slightly adjusted to cover x86 as well. Waiting a
> >   couple days more for a confirmation from the reporter that the
> >   patches do help, at least on ARM.
> >

> I've run into null-scheduler causing CPU lockups as well on x86.
> Required physical machine reboot. Seems to be triggered with domain
> destruction when destroying fork vms. Happens only intermittently.

Yes, we know that it's generic and not ARM-only. It's just that on ARM
is easier (or I should say deterministic) to trigger it.

Thanks for reporting, though.

I'll add you in Cc when I send the updated version of the patches that
covers x86 as well, in case you want to test. :-)

Regards
--
Dario Faggioli, Ph.D
http://about.me/dario.faggioli