Re: Linux PV/PVH domU crash on (guest) resume from suspend

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 07:51:42AM +0100, Jürgen Groß wrote:
> On 17.02.21 06:12, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm observing Linux PV/PVH guest crash when I resume it from sleep. I do
> > this with:
> >
> >      virsh -c xen dompmsuspend <vmname> mem
> >      virsh -c xen dompmwakeup <vmname>
> >
> > But it's possible to trigger it with plain xl too:
> >
> >      xl save -c <vmname> <some-file>
> >
> > The same on HVM works fine.
> >
> > This is on Xen 4.14.1, and with guest kernel 5.4.90, the same happens
> > with 5.4.98. Dom0 kernel is the same, but I'm not sure if that's
> > relevant here. I can reliably reproduce it.
>
> This is already on my list of issues to look at.
>
> The problem seems to be related to the XSA-332 patches. You could try
> the patches I've sent out recently addressing other fallout from XSA-332
> which _might_ fix this issue, too:
>
> https://patchew.org/Xen/20210211101616.13788-1-jgross@xxxxxxxx/

Thanks for the patches. Sadly it doesn't change anything - I get exactly
the same crash. I applied that on top of 5.11-rc7 (that's what I had
handy). If you think there may be a difference with the final 5.11 or
another branch, please let me know.

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki