Working Group for Secure Boot

Hey all,

We would like to start a working group for secure boot support in Xen
to coordinate the various interested parties and set out a plan for
the feature and its implications for the whole Xen system.

The end goal is a full implementation that restricts the interfaces
dom0 has to affect Xen, akin to Linux's lockdown LSM.  This implicates
important parts of the ABI (e.g., /dev/xen/privcmd/) and so will
require input from the greater community.

I'm not familiar with how working groups function in the Xen project,
so this email also opens the floor for suggestions as to how this might
be managed.

We'd love to hear from anyone interested in such a group and how the
community as a whole feels about such an effort.

Best regards.

---

Bobby Eshleman
SE at Vates SAS