Re: libxl / xen-pciback interaction [and 1 more messages]

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: libxl / xen-pciback interaction [and 1 more
messages]"):
> On 17.03.2021 16:12, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > How does what libxl is doing differ from a setup, immediately followed
> > by a hot-add ?
>
> In the hot-add case libxl drives things through Reconfiguring state.
> I'm not sure this would be an appropriate (and backwards compatible)
> thing to do when initially populating xenstore.

Ah.  Tbanks, that is precisely the answer to my question.

I think that means, therefore, populating the whole lot in one
transaction.

(From what you say it doesn't sound like it's possible to write only a
subset, perhaps with state "not ready yet" and then set them all go
"go" at the end.)

Ian.