Re: [ANNOUNCE] Xen 4.15 - release status, branching tomorrow

On 23.03.2021 16:17, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I have reviewed my list of blockers and the conversation that followed
> and there are just three areas that are still of concern to me:
>
> * io-apic issue on Ryzen 1800X
>
>    Related Qubes issue tracking this:
>    https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/6423
>    Information from
>      Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx>
>      Andrew Cooper <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx>
>      Frédéric Pierret <frederic.pierret@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>   Are we likely to get a fix in the next few days ?

Afaic - I'm still lacking certain bits of information to even think
of possible solutions.

>   I think it may be time to reconcile ourselves to not fixing this,
>   and deciding on a suitable plan B.  Do we need to put something in
>   the release notes, or SUPPORT.md, or implement a mitigation of some
>   kind ?

One option of course is, like was just done for 4.13.3, to revert.
Iirc Andrew had some thoughts towards making the new piece of code
conditional upon the original issue actually hitting. Another
(somewhat similar) option might be to hide the new piece of code
behind a default-off command line option.

Jan