Re: Serial Console : SOL vs Physical Port

Thanks @Jan Beulich

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 10:35 AM Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 28.04.2021 20:49, Charles Gonçalves wrote:
> Is there any difference between both?
> I'm trying to debug an issue using a SOL but the host crashes before any
> meaningful message.
>
> The SOL is working properly when I can debug some crashes perfectly. But
> for a specific case I'm wondering if I could be losing some messages.

Well, without having an explanation, experience tells me that SOL in
some cases is more fragile. Do you have "sync_console" in place?
I was missing the options  `sync_console console_to_ring`.
But this did not help either.

Does
the crash perhaps happen too early for the serial output to have got
configured in Xen yet?
This is not the case, I trigger  intentionally the "bug" invoking an HC

But thanks for your help!

Jan