Xen Virtual Keyboard modalias breaking uevents

So I have finally drilled down to the modalias for the Xen Virtual
Keyboard driver being so long ( over 2KB ) that it causes an -ENOMEM
when trying to add it to the environment for uevents.  This causes
coldplug to fail, which causes the script doing coldplug as part of the
debian-installer init to fail, which causes a kernel panic when init
exits, which then for reasons I have yet to understand, causes the Xen
domU to reboot.

Why is this modalias so huge?  Can we pare it down, or or is there
another solution to get uevents working on this device again?  Maybe the
environment block size needs to be increased?  I don't know.