Re: [patch-4.16] arm/smmuv1,v2: Protect smmu master list with a lock

Julien Grall writes ("Re: [patch-4.16] arm/smmuv1,v2: Protect smmu master list
with a lock"):
> Right. PCI passthrough is not going to work in 4.16 whether this patch
> is merged or not. We are past the code freeze and as you said the code
> (and potentially the locking) is going to be reworked for PCI passthrough.
>
> So, I think this is a bad idea to rush this patch in 4.16. Instead, we
> should focus on getting a consistent locking for 4.17 that would cover
> the removal part and all PCI and DT concurrent call.

Thanks for this clear communication.  As the release manager I very
much appreciate it.  Michal, do you disagree with Julien's analysis ?

If not, I would like to take this patch off my list of stuff I have on
my radar for 4.16.

Thanks,
Ian.