Commit Moratorium (was Re: Xen 4.16 development update - tree status)

tl;dr:

  Commit moratorium is now in force until further notice
  (which will be given tomorrow afternoon).

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: Xen 4.16 development update - tree status"):
> On 19.11.2021 16:15, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Tree status
> > ===========
> >
> > We are now in deep code freeze, during which we will try to discover
> > and eliminate serious bugs and regressions.
> >
> > All patches other than documentation patches need a Release-Ack.
> > Fixes for serious bugs, and test improvements, will get such an ack.
> >
> > I have decided to branch on Monday at the same time as cutting RC4.
>
> May I suggest to consider doing both branching and RC4 after the XSA
> batch has got committed on Tuesday? Or perhaps you did consider and
> found good reasons not to?

No.  I didn't consider that option.  Obviously I should have done.
And I think, in fact, it would be better.  I'll do some more private
testing of what will become RC4.

In the meantime, please would no-one commit to staging.

Ian.