Re: scheduler credit capture

It looks like you can get the info you want for credit2

How?

On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 6:12 PM George Dunlap <dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[Adding back in xen-devel to the cc' list]

On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 1:41 PM amir masoud noohi <highlimner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
yes exactly, I want to see the changes of a credit for each vCPU

(FYI we respond in-line on the Xen mailing lists rather than top posting.)

Your best bet is to look into xentrace & xenalyze, and the trace or TRACE calls found in xen.git/xen/common/sched/credit[2].c.  It looks like you can get the info you want for credit2, but not for credit1 unless you add some trace points in.

You can find a video introduction to Xen tracing here: https://vimeo.com/33655967

It's a bit old but that system hasn't changed much.

 -George