Re: [RFC v2 5/8] xen/arm: introduce SCMI-SMC mediator driver

Hi,

On 11/02/2022 11:18, Bertrand Marquis wrote:
Do you plan to add support for other boards ?

Did you discuss more in general with the linux kernel guys to see if this
approach was agreed and will be adopted by other manufacturers ?

All in all I think this is a good idea but I fear that all this will actually
only
be used by one board or one manufacturer and other might use a different
strategy, I would like to unrisk this before merging this in Xen.

In the past we merged code that would only benefits one vendor (i.e. EEMI). That said, this was a vendor specific protocol. I believe the situation is different here because the spec is meant to be generic.

@julien and Stefano: what is your view here ?

I share the same concerns as you. I think we need to make sure all the pieces we rely on (e.g. firmware, DT bindings) have been agreed before we can merge such code in Xen.

The first step is to have all the pieces available in public so they can be reviewed and tested together.

Oleksii, on a separate e-mail, you said you made change for ATF. How much of those changes was related to support for Xen? If they are some, then I think they should be upstreamed first.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall