Re: cleanup swiotlb initialization

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 12:07:26PM -0500, Boris Ostrovsky wrote:
Just to be clear: this crashes only as dom0. Boots fine as baremetal.
Ah.  I can gues what this might be.  On Xen the hypervisor controls the
IOMMU and we should never end up initializing it in Linux, right?

Right, we shouldn't be in that code path.
Can you try the patch below on top of the series?

Yes, this makes dom0 boot fine.

(It also addresses something I wanted to mention while looking at the patches,
which was to remove Xen initialization code from pci_swiotlb_detect_4gb() since
it had noting to do with what the routine's name implies.)

-boris