Re: preparations for 4.16.1

On 10/03/2022 08:57, Jan Beulich wrote:
All,

Hi,

the release is due in a few weeks time.

Please point out backports you find missing from the respective staging
branch, but which you consider relevant. One I have queued already, but
which I'd like to put in only once the pending fix to it ("x86: avoid
SORT_BY_INIT_PRIORITY with old GNU ld") has also landed in staging, is

4b7fd8153ddf x86: fold sections in final binaries

For arm, I would like to propose backporting:

32365f3476: xen/arm64: Zero the top 32 bits of gp registers on entry...

Stefano, what do you think?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall