Requesting Xen community's feedback on unikernelized driver domains

Hello,

This email is to request Xen community's feedback on our work on implementing
Xen’s driver domains using the unikernel virtual machine model (as opposed to
using general-purpose OSs like Linux) to reduce the attack surface, among other
benefits. The effort, called Kite, has implemented driver domains for network
and storage PV drivers using NetBSD’s rumprun unikernel.

Details of the work are available in a paper that will soon appear at the 2022
ACM European Conference on Computer Systems (EuroSys’22), available here:
https://www.ssrg.ece.vt.edu/papers/eurosys22.pdf.

Kite’s source code is available at: https://github.com/ssrg-vt/kite/.

We would love to hear the community’s thoughts and feedback.

Thank you, and looking forward,

Mehrab

P.S. This email is cross-posted in xen-users mailing list
(https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2022-03/msg00013.html).