Re: [xen-unstable-smoke bisection] complete build-amd64-libvirt

Hi Jan,

On 01/08/2022 10:06, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 01.08.2022 10:43, Julien Grall wrote:
If we don't force push, we have two solutions:
    1) Revert Oleksandr's series
    2) Leave it until we have Osstest fixed *and* Oleksandr's patch
reached libvirt.

The former is not an option for me, because Oleksandr's series is not at
fault. So this leave us to 2).

So what's your proposal?

It's still 1), no matter that I agree that Oleksandr's series is not
directly at fault.

My worry is while we have a plan to address the libvirt issues, I am not confident this could be addressed by Xen 4.17. In particular, Osstest has to be fixed and we need a push.

I think this is a bit unfair to block the virtio series on the recent lack of investment in libvirt testing.

So if we end up to revert it, this will need to be a block for Xen 4.17.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall