Re: Xen 4.17 release: Current status before the feature freeze

On 05.09.2022 05:44, Henry Wang wrote:
> ** Blocker List **:
> 1. Patch: x86: enable interrupts around dump_execstate()
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/xen-devel/patch/e717897f-980d-ad44-31d9-39f5e7e1c45e@xxxxxxxx/

If I'm not mistaken this is the same as blocker list item 1. The title
has changed in v2.

> 4. Intel Hardware P-States (HWP) support
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/xen-devel/list/?series=666690

To be honest I don't expect this to make 4.17, unless suddenly new
review bandwidth appears out of nowhere.

> ** toolstack **:
>[...]
> 8. acpi: Add TPM2 interface definition and make the TPM version configurable.
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/xen-devel/list/?series=672588

Didn't this come quite a bit too late to be eligible for 4.17? Or has
there been an exception agreed upon behind the scenes?

> 9. Use direct I/O for loop devices
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/xen-devel/list/?series=668537

Aiui this needs a v2.

> ** XSM **:
> 1. [v12] xsm: refactor flask sid alloc and domain check
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/xen-devel/list/?series=666302

My conclusion from the v12 discussion was that a v13 would appear.

> ** drivers **:
> 1. Add Xue - console over USB 3 Debug Capability
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/xen-devel/list/?series=673630
>
> 2. PCI: avoid bogus calls to get_pseg()
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/xen-devel/list/?series=666322
> PCI: re-work pci_get_pdev() and friends, if so please ignore this.

Yes, that one was superseded.

> ** Common **:
> 1. xen: add late init call in start_xen
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/xen-devel/list/?series=664963

Wasn't that patch effectively withdrawn?

> 2. xen/wait: Improvements
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/xen-devel/list/?series=660565

Reviews were done, and (perhaps indicated only on irc) these last two
then were withdrawn iirc.

> 9. Make XEN_FW_EFI_MEM_INFO easier to use
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/xen-devel/list/?series=670812

Confirmation from maintainer?

Jan