Re: Feedback for postponing the 4.17 release to a week later

On 02.11.2022 04:00, Henry Wang wrote:
> Hi Julien and Jan,

Iirc what was done in 4.16 was to switch to non-debug immediately after
branching, on the new branch only. That was specifically to keep debug
enabled at all times (and no undue code churn) in staging. Debug
intermediately off was (earlier on) observed to result in huge Coverity
reports, because of the perceived differences in the pre-processed /
produced code.

Jan