Re: Possible bug? DOM-U network stopped working after fatal error reported in DOM0

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Paul Leiber <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 07:58:52 +0100

Am 30.10.2022 um 17:36 schrieb G.R.:
On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 10:54 PM Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So looks like at least the imbalance between two directions are not
related to your patch.
Likely the debug build is a bigger contributor to the perf difference
in both directions.

I also tried your patch on a release build, and didn't observe any
major difference in iperf3 numbers.
Roughly match the 30Gbps and 1.xGbps number on the stock release kernel.
Thanks a lot, will try to get this upstream then.

Roger.
Hi Roger, any news for the upstream fix? I haven't heard any news since...
The reason I came back to this thread is that I totally forgot about
this issue and upgraded to FreeNAS 13 only to rediscover this issue
once again :-(

Any chance the patch can apply on FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p1 kernel?

Thanks,
G.R.

Hi,

I want to confirm that the patch in an official release would make quite some
people very happy. E.g. among OPNsense users, there are some who
suffer from the network issue [1]. FWIW, I compiled a kernel including Roger's
patch, and it seems to be working without trouble in my OPNsense DomU.

Best regards,

Paul

[1] https://forum.opnsense.org/index.php?topic=28708.15